Possible Virus or Malware

But look at the date stamps. If someone had a level of intelligence they would realise that I would have run the scan. Anyways it came up clean and this threa is no longer neeeded.

No. There is never any assuming going on anytime. If we assume things of people that they will do what is needed, then there wouldn't be a need for the Virus section at all as people would do what is necessary at all times and not get infected and need assistance with removal.

You dont state that you run it, it is safe for anyone to say run a program. Until you state it, it has not happened. That is your fault for not edited the post or clarifying with a response after the original post that you ran it and it came up clean.

I would have said the same exact thing if I was not busy with real life. Working and getting the kid ready for first day of school. Would have made such comments to me if I had said the same thing or did you only say it cause this is a newer member? Exactly.

Either way it was uncalled for an it needs to stop. Respect for the individual. Treat others as you wish for them to treat you. You have now offended a member and they will make sure to not assist you, even if they know they can help. Does that make you feel any better with your comments knowing that you can have an issue resolved but since you slighted them they wont help you anymore? I certainly hope it doesnt cause I know if it was me, I would do the same exact thing.

any anti-virus program that is not kept up to date or the subscription renewed will cause Virus to infect the system. It has nothing to do with Avast! in particular as it will happen with Eset NOD32, McAfee, Norton, AVG or any others out there that you pay for.

So to say that it is only Avast that will cause this is incorrect. Even if you let some free ones like MSE go days or weeks without updating the definitions you can get an infection.

any anti-virus program that is not kept up to date or the subscription renewed will cause Virus to infect the system. It has nothing to do with Avast! in particular as it will happen with Eset NOD32, McAfee, Norton, AVG or any others out there that you pay for.

So to say that it is only Avast that will cause this is incorrect. Even if you let some free ones like MSE go days or weeks without updating the definitions you can get an infection.
I know this and it's kinda common sense, but I think he's implying that the AV will make a virus to infect the system.

Back
Top Bottom