Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metr01973

Daemon Poster
I wonder if someone could help me get rid of this virus that has infected my machine. I have found it's description on the f-secure site, please click on the link below to see description
http://www.f-secure.com/hoaxes/renos.shtml
I have F-secure running and it's found this virus but can't seem to get rid of it. It can't seem to be able to delete it or disenfect it. I'm sorry if this all sound familar but I'm not to hot on viruses etc. Is there any way of deleting it manually? If so could someone point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

also, have you tried doing an AV scan and a ad-aware scan in SAFE mode?

Safe mode - restart and press F8 key as comp boots up

How do I run a AV scan in safe mode. I booted up and pressed F8 and then I booted up off the main hard drive. But surely this is how the computer boots up anyway. The other options were to boot up off the cd drive, dvd drive, floppy drive, second hd etc. I've run F-secure AV scan 4 times now and it finds the viruses (the one above and a trojan dropper) but can't delete them. I have tried to disenfect them but that fails saying that it's reanamed them and then I run F-secure again and then it deletes them but it dosent. They are both still there, the virus above has downloaded a program called spy falcon and keeps telling me that my system has numerous viruses and a link so I can buy the so called software to remove them. The Trojan dropper keeps trying to download other trojans on to my machine but luckily F-secure seems to be intercepting them. But who knows, my computer is going to be unusable soon I think, as it seems to be getting slower but that could just be my imagination. I have posted my hijakthis log where you told me too. I just hope someone can help me because I really don't want to format my harddrive. Once again thanks for the help but I need more.........LOL...............please help............................computer s...l...o....w...i....n.....g..................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom