Need help w/ Cybercrime paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNeedForAName

Beta member
Alright heres the dish.

My paper is on the war on Cybercrime in the world as a whole. I am having trouble figuring a few things out and I was hoping that some of you might be able to fill me in.

1. Why don't they just take crimes like downloading/sharing copyrighted material, viruses, scams, etc. to 3rd world countries that don't even have laws against this stuff? Is there some type of act in place that creates laws for anyone using the WWW as a whole?

2. Why don't these people use their viruses, etc. on devices other than computers. Like why not create some viruses that would attack cell-phones that log onto the internet, wouldn't it be easy enough?

If anyone could answer either of these questions I would be very very grateful. So far it seems that the war on cyber-crime has alot more sides to it than I had realized, and It is really turning out to be quite interesting. :)

Thanx in advance!

2. Why don't these people use their viruses, etc. on devices other than computers. Like why not create some viruses that would attack cell-phones that log onto the internet, wouldn't it be easy enough?

They have. http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41612

1. Why don't they just take crimes like downloading/sharing copyrighted material, viruses, scams, etc. to 3rd world countries that don't even have laws against this stuff? Is there some type of act in place that creates laws for anyone using the WWW as a whole?

Many of the hacked versions of windows/and other software come from third world countries now. China, most of the countires that made up the parts of the old *USSR*, and other places like that where proverty is rampant. Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom