mse detects something, tries to quarantine it but fails, and now it doesnt detect anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysteryBox

Solid State Member
so i downloaded something, and then i tried to move the file to a different location, but mse warned me that it was a "VirTool:Win32/Obfuscator.XZ". mse tried to quarantine it but it gave me an error. i exited out of mse, and ran a quick scan with mse and mbam but both detect nothing.

heres some stuff mse says under "history"

detected item: VirTool:win32/obfuscator.XZ
alert level: severe
action taken: quarantined

Security Essentials encountered the following error: Error code 0x80070005. Access is denied.

Category: Tool

Description: This program is used to create viruses, worms or other malware.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Security Essentials detected programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer. You can still access the files that these programs use without removing them (not recommended). To access these files, select the Allow action and click Apply actions. If this option is not available, log on as administrator or ask the security administrator for help.

Items:
file:E:\SKIDROW\bin\paul.dll
filelocalcopy:c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\LocalCopy\{8E896F55-14EF-4210-84C8-715332D8CB57}-paul.dll
filelocalcopy:\\?\c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\LocalCopy\{8E896F55-14EF-4210-84C8-715332D8CB57}-paul.dll

Get more information about this item online.

i also tried moving the file to the recycle bin, but it says there is an error moving it because the file is open in system

so whats going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom