Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyGrove

Solid State Member
I'm not a technical guy, and I'd really appreciate any help here. On my other computer, it appears I have a virus that corrupts memory locations, or something of the sort. Whenever I open almost any file, a message box comes up saying:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application.

And now I can't open any programs, go on the internet, even install McAfee Virus Scan. I tried running Safe Mode, and my computer freezes when I try to press F8 in the black screen. Can anybody help me? Thanks.

Warez Monster said:
Can you try last known good config? Did you just download SP2?

Sorry man, I have no clue what those things are/mean; I'm technologically an idiot. Last known good configuration... can anyone elaborate how I can do this?

Reboot, hit f8, or the same way you get into safe mode. Its in the options, select it and see what happens.

:( Doesn't work. I can't get into safe mode in any way. Whenever I hit F8, I get into a black screen that says, "Press F8 for additional setup options," but when I click F8, nothing happens, and the computer seems frozen.

So you say you can get to the desktop, but you cant do anything. Are you running Windows XP Home/Pro? Or something different? If it is XP, can you go to start, run, type msconfig, go to startup, click disable all, apply, reboot.

Actually, thanks for the help, but I did a little research and found the problem that I set my computer to defragment every few weeks at nights, and my power went out temporarily in the middle of it. I didn't realize that it would make everything inaccessible.

Thanks for attempting to help; I appreciate that. It's good to know people are open to helping others nowadays.

Bah. Nevermind, when I tried the resolution it didn't work. I'll just re-install Windows, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom