Happy Sweetest Day!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, that is one unfortunate issue with Avast these days. Try downloading it from below where it says "Free Registration"

Edit: here's the link: http://files.avast.com/iavs4pro/setupeng.exe

Further edit: you may also be running into issues with remanents of the other AVs you've had installed if you only used Add/Remove to get rid of them. May want to use those program's cleanup utilities, particularly Avira (I saw you posted a list of them at one point).

I've downloaded the complete file from another source, well same as yours. I ran the cleaner utility that Avast has but that made no difference.

Looks like that worked, will be back in a minute :cool:

Went back to the same link, when I clicked it, IE minimized and then the same popup came up. I wasn't able to open the minimized IE, had to click OK on the message, then it goes thru like its scanning your system and such, then it wants you to download the program. So the same thing happens here as with Avira except with one addition which it minimizes IE making the end user click ok or cancel.

interesting...

So, I've been following some of the research on this site: AV-Comparatives - Independent Tests of Anti-Virus Software - Welcome to AV-Comparatives.org

I'm wondering why AVG would catch it but Avira and Avast, which scored very well did not. Any thoughts? Did AVG just manage to get this one in their database first (maybe a newer strain of Total Security) on a fluke? Are they better at updating the more popular recent infections?

Edit: could you PM me the link?

Not sure, not sure at all.

I'll send you the link in a PM

I went ahead and installed the program and here are the screenshots. I even click Cancel when it asked it I wanted to install, but it installed anyways. That why I say to open Task Manager, find IE and click End Process Tree.

MSE-Test.jpg

MSE-Test1.jpg

MSEalert4.jpg

MSEalert5.jpg

alert6.jpg

yeah, pretty standard. I can't tell you the number of times I've removed infections that looked just like that ;)

Thanks for the link.

Even had a couple customers pay for it.

So right now, I have that program installed, MSE is scanning. So far MSE only sees it when I visit the link, I ran a quick scan and it came back clean. I'm doing a full scan to see if I get the same results.

Here you can see Cyber Security running and MSE scanning,

scanning.jpg

This is another reason why I say to run at least 2 of these types of programs together on one pc. There is no one-catch-all program out there.

I'll let ya know what it finds or doesnt find.

Nice, Cyber Security Alert just notified me that there is a new database update available.

AVG 9 didn't detect it either.

MBAM is installed but can't update and it closes when you start a scan.

Trying combofix now.

Forgot that combofix isnt able to run on Win7 yet. I unchecked CS from msconfig>startup and then I opened Hijackthis, use its Delete on Reboot feature, pointed it to C:\Program Files\CS\cs.exe, rebooted and the program is now gone. MBAM is now able to update and is now scanning for any remnants of Computer Security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom