firewall advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I recently got a new Broadband internet connection (before that, i was using dial up...)

Anyways. I now need (I think) a firewall....(since im always connected to the internet)

I was recomended Zone Alarm pro by many... but then, recently a computer technition told me that there is no need to install any firewall, the one that comes with SP2 is enough....

What do you think?

thanx

Stay away from it. From what you told me in the previous post, your pc will lag big time..Use XP's and ZA and you will be fine. If you want to pay for something, paay for ZA 6 Pro, not Norton. Trust me on this....

sure do....I want to hear others opinons on this because more than likely, someone will come on here and post otherwise....

i agree

if i where you i would use zonealarm free. or if you want to pay then do the latest version of zonealarm pro. i think norten and mcaffee are way over rated and over priced. ive been fine for years with zonealarm free. then if you use zonealarm as a fire wall then use adaware spybot and avg youll be very protected. thats what i run for years and for the most part zonealarm keeps out anything that the anti-virus progs cant delete, such as progs in your system restore. and i dont have XP ....!YET! lmao so i dont know about there firewall. but i would trust that its not that good. almost always stand alone programs are alot stronger and such. well i would strongly recomend any type of zonealarm product. although there are some sweet benifits to having zonealarm pro. it has a nice pop-up blocker. or you could take the 15 day free trial of pro and then see if you would prefer it too free. well i hope that helps.....-mitchman- :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom