Did I get hacked?

internetuser123

Solid State Member
I go to Omegle usually. Last December, someone flooded the sentence "YOU HAVE BEEN HACKED" and then suddenly my computer got slow and was blowing a lot and the browsers and programs and folders stopped working (freezed) right after opening them, and then I restarted the computer, but after restarting the computer was still slow and the browsers and programs and folders still stopped working right after opening them, but then after 1 hour, they didn't stop responding anymore, but I saw that my WLAN was disable, so that was a Denial of Service attack. 2 days later, 2 people in Omegle said things that seem like they saw me, and then few days or weeks later, I saw in my deviantART's stash one unknown drawing with weird symbols and it was not drawn by me, but I didn't see any weird sessions logged in the deviantART session list. Then about 2 weeks or 1 month later, a person said that my hair is cool. And when I told them that I reported the hackers to the police, a person in Omegle said something, and then suddenly the next time when I start a conversation, I get the CAPTCHA thing, or the "error, could not connect to Omegle", or the thing that it will never lead me to the new conversation.

Did I get hacked? I checked with my Malwarebytes and ZoneAlarm and TuneUp utilities for malware or viruses, and no viruses or malware were found.

And I remember that I told Omegle many times my first name only, then someone asked in Omegle that who am I, and then someone said that I am a "slightly obese 19 year old girl" but the thing is that I am not obese, I am actually thick (a bit above average), but I am not obese! And I am being honest... And by thick I mean that I am just a bit above average, kind of like the body of a statue of a Greek or Roman female deity. But people nowdays think that this kind of body like these statues have is obese or chubby. And one day, a person in Omegle said to me "kill yourself, you chubby princess". Am I really hacked? I never opened my webcam in Omegle, and I didn't post my pictures there, but can the hackers turn on my camera without doing any remote hacks and without me opening any files or links and without them putting any bad programs in my computer?

Yha, you may, even most likely, did. The latest malware can turn on your webcam. You may not have known, but you most likely did click, or got hit by a drive by.

To be safe, cover/turn your cam if you prefer not to be inadvertently seen by weirdos.

If you can, just completely wipe and reinstall windows. Only real way to be sure it's gone.

Oh, and be happy, you're a Princess after all ;)

Yha, you may, even most likely, did. The latest malware can turn on your webcam. You may not have known, but you most likely did click, or got hit by a drive by.

To be safe, cover/turn your cam if you prefer not to be inadvertently seen by weirdos.

If you can, just completely wipe and reinstall windows. Only real way to be sure it's gone.

Supplementing this:

Would be a good idea to get your public IP renewed. Do this by unplugging the power cord from your modem for at least an hour (sometimes it can take less, sometimes it can take a full 24 hours...depends on who your ISP is), and then plugging it back in.

You can verify you have received a new IP by visiting a page like IP Chicken - Whats my IP address? ip address lookup before you unplug the modem and writing that IP address down, and then check it again after you've plugged your modem back in.

It would also be a good idea to use a different computer (one that's known to be clean), and change your passwords to your accounts, in case they put a keylogger or other malware on your system.

But I didn't see any malware on my computer... If I didn't see, did I still get hacked?

Anybody can get access to your PC without using malicious software by using the ports Omegle uses or by using a Java/Flash exploit through Omegle. Rule #1, don't go to places /b/tards like to troll. I hate to be that bearer of bad news, but it's true.

Your best option is to get on a different computer on a different internet connection or use your smart phone (if you have one) on carrier data, not wifi. Change your passwords or close your accounts linked to these sites and make new ones later. Simply closing the accounts would be the best option.
If you have a pre-built PC, wipe to factory defaults or if you have a Windows disc do a fresh format. While you're doing this do as Carnage suggests and unplug your DSL/Cable/Fiber modem and hope for a new public IP address.

Just for future reference, Zonealarm used to be a good program to lock baddies out of all the open ports on your PC. These days, it's a useless ****ware program. Also, don't plug your webcam in until you need it.

There's really many types called rootkits.
If I gave my uneducated guess, i'd think this might be your issue:
http://blogs.mcafee.com/consumer/blackshades-malware

And yes, malware can get loaded in drive by means. Meaning a site got hacked, then you visit it, can be a proper safe site usully, and unknown to you, you automatically d/l it.
Oh. I do remember that I once saw that there was a bad program named PC Speed Maximizer but I didn't download it.

Also, are you sure that I got hacked? Or are you just thinking if I got hacked? What are the symptoms of being hacked and being watched on the camera and a hacker seeing the pictures and remote hacking?

Anybody can get access to your PC without using malicious software by using the ports Omegle uses or by using a Java/Flash exploit through Omegle. Rule #1, don't go to places /b/tards like to troll. I hate to be that bearer of bad news, but it's true.

Your best option is to get on a different computer on a different internet connection or use your smart phone (if you have one) on carrier data, not wifi. Change your passwords or close your accounts linked to these sites and make new ones later. Simply closing the accounts would be the best option.
If you have a pre-built PC, wipe to factory defaults or if you have a Windows disc do a fresh format. While you're doing this do as Carnage suggests and unplug your DSL/Cable/Fiber modem and hope for a new public IP address.

Just for future reference, Zonealarm used to be a good program to lock baddies out of all the open ports on your PC. These days, it's a useless ****ware program. Also, don't plug your webcam in until you need it.
Yeah, in January I installed Windows again to factory settings and I changed my IP address to and did the things with the modem and everything you mentioned. But I fear that I got hacked again...

Back
Top Bottom