Crippled laptop

Ritzcracker

Beta member
Hi, I have an ASUS K50ID, Pentium(R), 64 bit, Windows 7 laptop, I've owned it for a little over a year, and it was worked great; however, just recenly - about the last two weeks - it has grinded to a halt in speed. When I launch any program, firefox, chrome, steam... Anything that demands a little processing to launch, it stops responding, and I have to restart. The latest change I have made, Was I installed AVG, just to test it. It doesnt seem like that much of a resource hog, but at this point, I cant even make it to the point to uninstall. I have ran scans, with AVG, and adaware, with no results. Im doubting this is a virus, but I'm baffled. At Idle, im using 05% cpu, 39 percent RAM. simply moving my mouse brings it to 22% cpu, 47% RAM, Its not running hot either. Halp!

Just cause you ran scans with AVG and AdWare doesnt mean that it isnt a virus. It could mean that they disabled auto update or that they have prevented the programs from detecting them and removing them. Could also be an infection that is not found in their definition database. No program is 100% accurate.

Back
Top Bottom