CD drives deleted !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrguitar

Beta member
Hi all, my cd drives were accidentally deleted this morning,
I am running xp home edition, sadly, it has been a while since I reinstalled the cd drivers.. i went into setup with the xp cd... my questions is, wilol i be prompted to install the cd drivers in the win xp setup or how should I go about reinstalling them??
Thanks
John

Thanks for the help, I reinstalled xp over the old version there were files which were corrupted and needed replacing anyway, only slight inconvenience now is that there are the old folders for the users that I have to migrate under the new users sign ons... but the cd drivers were reinstalled
Thanks Again
John

If the OS doesn't support it and you are using a Microsoft Product, run a windows update, use the drivers supplied by the maker that came with the hardware at time of purchase. if that doesn't work you can download the drivers from the internet.
this is information about HCL or hardware compatability list... if your hardware is not on this list, Microsoft does not support this hardware. and you install it at your own risk and will be relying on the hardware maker to supply the drivers.
http://www.petri.co.il/what's_the_hcl.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom