AVG 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

odie072

Baseband Member
I posted in the hijackthis (analyze) about a problem I was having with my laptop with firefox. Per the suggestion, I downloaded combofix, and attempted to run, but even though I turned off everything in AVG that I could, combofix still said I needed to uninstall avg before I could run combofix. So I unstalled AVG 9.0 full version, ran combofix and posted in the other thread. After I done that, I got to thinking about one thing that combo fix showed me about persona(add-on), so I started firefox in safe mode and it ran with no problem, so I decided to uninstall firefox and all add-ons and just start over.

When I went to reinstall my AVG, it won't install, I've tried everything I can think off, to include making sure all files and folders are deleated in program files and elsewhere. I've ran cccleaner, downloaded and ran the file on AVG to uninstall all files, still no luck.

I deleted combofix, thinking that would help, but no luck. Could this be associated with a "hidden virus", or something I'm missing?? Here is the error I'm getting when I try to install avg: Error: Action failed for file avgrkx86.sys: starting service....
Error 0x8007001f

Searching on the internet, everything I'm seeing says make sure to delete all files and folders, I've tried about 6 times now with no luck. Could it be something I've missed in the hijackthis or combofix logs?

I'm going to email avg, but I'm just trying to see if their could be anything I've overlooked before I do, because I know they'll ask a ton of questions.

Thanks

odie072

Boy, do I feel stupid! After I posted the above, I went back to the avg site and found a place to enter my license #. Seems like they've upgraded to avg 2011 and I still had two months left on my avg 9.0. I don't quite understand why it didn't notify me, but after I put in my lic #, it gave me a new 2011 lic #, downloaded and installed avg 2011.

So, mods, you can delete if you want, and I'll go stick my head back in the sand. :)

odie072

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom