Ares

Status
Not open for further replies.

bum

In Runtime
Lets face it, lots of us are addicted to downloading and are going to do it even with the risks. Is there anyway to keep everything you download quarantined or something? And is Ares truely a "malicious" program?

Rename the main folder when you uninstall Ares. Example: If it's "Shared", replace the name with "Shared2".

I don't trust Ares at all for P2P, its a pile of garbage, and pretty unsafe. It runs too buggy on my friends computer.

I would only use LimeWire, it's created on Java, so no viruses are created with it, and it's safer/faster.

I've used limewire and it works well but they even say it comes with some adware/spyware or at least used too. :( So yes it is faster, but in my experience its just as unsafe.

bum said:
I've used limewire and it works well but they even say it comes with some adware/spyware or at least used too. :( So yes it is faster, but in my experience its just as unsafe.
Whose 'they'?
Whats your experience?

There are some suggestions that limewire has spyware Iv used it with no trouble and found no spyware in many scans. Its safer than ares and emule in my experience and the layout is more user friendly. Although being java can be slower to use.

On further search I found this link not sure how accurate it is cant take anything on the internet as truthful :) but have a look:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/p2p/

It says the latest version of limewire has spyware lucky I dont use the latest :D. It has shareaza in the clean section that is also a very nice program and can also download torrents.

baronvongogo said:
There are some suggestions that limewire has spyware Iv used it with no trouble and found no spyware in many scans. Its safer than ares and emule in my experience and the layout is more user friendly. Although being java can be slower to use.

On further search I found this link not sure how accurate it is cant take anything on the internet as truthful :) but have a look:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/articles/p2p/

It says the latest version of limewire has spyware lucky I dont use the latest :D. It has shareaza in the clean section that is also a very nice program and can also download torrents.

Also if you check when the last time that list was updated it was 'Updated July 21, 2005'.

You might like to have a look Here
which was last updated 06/26/06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom