Your download will start in 10 seconds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
Why do all these websites use this. "Your download will start in 10 seconds, click here if it doesn't".

I think it's so annoying.

because if you are using ie6 and winxp w/ sp2 it will block the dl from starting. By having the click here you can start it manually. I know its kinda a pain but if they didn't most normal people would be like wtf why cant I dl this.

No, I don't mean why they put that link/notice. I don't see the use for a script counting down from 10 and automatically starting a download. Who wants to wait 10 seconds? I don't see he point. Why not provide me with a direct link instead of a link to a page with a 10 second time?
Maybe they want me to click the ads on that page?

I totally agree with TheMajor, what is the f*ckin point of it anyways?

It confuses me sometimes rather than helps me cos I somtimes have to follow a million a one links (thats an exageration) just to find the right page to download the frickin file!

Why cant they just have one BIG button that says "DOWNLOAD"

PS: I love buttons!!

The only rational thing I could think of is to reduce the number of requests for the file.

I personally click the wrong link quite often on webpages, so waiting 10 seconds should give me enough time to grab the back button before the download box pops up.

Or it could just be the ads :p

Re:

Hello,

Maybe it's so that they hope that in the space of 10 seconds while your waiting for your download to commence, your eyes with fixate on the banner ad that's flashing 'Click here for your FREE iPod Nano!'.

Re: Re:

Alvin.C said:
Hello,

Maybe it's so that they hope that in the space of 10 seconds while your waiting for your download to commence, your eyes with fixate on the banner ad that's flashing 'Click here for your FREE iPod Nano!'.

That is soooo true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom