What is your ISP speed?

2369085415.png

In a couple months time Toronto will have 250 down/250 up fibre available throughout the city. Probably going to get that and run a couple of my web servers out of my place. Will save me huge bills for sure.

Maybe in Texas. But around here there is Time Warner for cable, Verizon for DSL or FiOS. DSL is to dam slow and FiOS is to dam expensive. So I will pay my $50 a month for unlimited use and have those speeds. I have never had an issue when calling them, getting a replacement modem or just flat out getting them to come service the line.

So while you may have a bad experience and your own personal opinion about them as a company, they have been nothing but great for me and are the best bang for the buck ISP there is here.

FiOS offers better speeds at lower prices compared to TW. TW wants 90 bucks for 50Mb with a 5Mb upload when FiOS offers 75/35 for the same price without the crap modem. TW and ATT around here offer lower end service for cheaper but the actual quality of product you get is much worse. On Bjorn3D there are 6 of us around the US with different packages with the same problem so I'm sure it's not just me. You hammer their cheap ass modem with connections (torrents, multiple users, Netflix, Youtube) and it hits 100% CPU and instantly starts dropping. The only way to get around this is if you buy an aftermarket modem that can handle the higher speeds which will cost you 100 bucks if you want speeds higher than 24Mb.

They may be the best bang for your buck, but for me if I had a choice I would go with FiOS. Unfortunately, I don't have a choice since Verizon only offers in Dallas county.

FiOS also isn't offered in most places. I have checked and guess what? FiOS is not available in your area. So guess what I get? I pay $50 a month and get 20/2 instead of $90 and save myself $40.

My modem has done everything I have ever needed.

So around here, it comes down to DSL or TW. Guess what I am going to go with? TW that offers speeds that DSL cant match.

I have done everything you said (Torrents, multiple users as well as using multiple devices, Netflix on 2 devices at once on both TV's) and my speed has never been bothered.

Sorry to tell you this but just cause you have a bad TW service in your area doesn't mean that it is that way everywhere. It is the same argument that is said about Cell Service Providers. So the statement still stands that just cause you have a bad opinion of them doesn't mean it is the only truth out there. They have done everything and been able to do what I have asked of them without even so much as an eye batted my way.

Back
Top Bottom