weird internet problem, please help asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirius_GTO

In Runtime
So I just started internet today and it is having a very awkward problem.

I will go to websites and links and the first time I click on the link or submit to go to the webpage, it will load up "error" or something like that saying that it cannot find the webpage. Then I will hit refresh and it will load up fine. It does this with many websites, what seems to be the problem? thanks!!

What browser are you using? Are you running a firewall, and which one? Straight connection, through a router, or wireless? This will give us a better picture of the situation.

No firewall, using mozilla firefox, connected through a modem via ethernet cable.

Thanks Trotter for the help!

Have you tried reinstalling FF? SAve you bookmarks (export them), uninstall (your settings are saved in the chrome file, which won't be touched), then reinstall it.

Have you tried reinstalling FF? SAve you bookmarks (export them), uninstall (your settings are saved in the chrome file, which won't be touched), then reinstall it.

actually, I just did. I deleted it and reinstalled it and it still does it.

hmmmm....

Possibly updating your drivers for your ethernet? Sort of grasping at straws with it, though. If you were using a router I would suggest updating the firmware, but that isn't the case.

I think actually it may just be a problem with my service provider. My friend told me that in his old place it did that as well and he called up the tech and they said it happens some times and it's just a minor lost of connection for a split second. Nothing to worry about. Is this believable?

i think the answer here is "just wait", and hopefully your isp will sort out their dodgey connection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom