upgrade firefox 3 beta 2 to beta 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikee

Fully Optimized
I currently have firefox 3 beta 2 and I like it alot better than firefox 2, I heard beta 3 which has alot of new features is comming out on monday and i am wondering if it is possible to upgrade using the help>check for updates and downloading it that way

It should be. Will have to wait till monday and find out for sure.

I would advise against it. This is the trick used in Vista Beta. Plus read the note:

Note: This method may or may not works with current RTM release of Windows Vista (user feedback welcome), and may cause a blue screen loop or constant flicker, so use with care and proper backup is a must.

I haev tried this on a Vista Home Basic PC with a compatible card and it doesnt work.

tht was my bad i pasted in the wrong thread tht was supposed 2 b in the vista discussion

im just too tired

the firefox beta 2 jumped tabs for some reason

It is browser realted so it can stay here. ;) That is the only reason why i didnt close it, delete it or move it.

But AFAIK you can just update. If i am not mistaken i was able to update from beta 1 to beta 2.

I just installe beta 3, looks good but they were supposed to have a vista skin but I got stuck with the one for xp

looks like this

Meh the performance of Beta 3 sticnks and Fasterfox is not compatible yet. Not worth the upgrade yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom