router/modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley88

Baseband Member
hello
four or five times a day i lose my internet connection (ISP=BELLSOUTH DSL) so i run my fastaccess help center and check my connections(computer , bellsouth network , internet , mail server) most of the time they all pass but i am still off line so i click the refresh button (inside the help center) and it gos back on line.
IE 6.0 , win xp home sp2 , modem= westell c90-610030-06 , protocol=ethernet , ISP= bellsouth DSL.
i sure would appreciate any help i can get.
thanks
ray

That's weird. I am on BellSouth's DSL as well.

I lose internet connectivity every once in a while, but very seldom. Usually I reboot my computer (I leave it running 24/7) and it fixes it. Yesterday I had to reboot the modem and router, though.

How often is this happening? Have you contacted BellSouth?

Sig and Ban
thanks for your reply. it happens everytime i get off the internet
and after about 15 to 20 min. i try to get back on and can not until i run the check connection and do the refresh.
i have called bellsout twice in two years and both times they sent out another modem. i have only had this router about a week now. this mourning my computer failed the connection test but was alright after i refreshed .
i have to click the help center button six or seven times to get the help center up , and it dont give me a error code at the bottom of page.
thanks again
harley

You got me on that one.

Here's a couple of questions, though... don't know if any apply, but it would be what I would do.

Have you tried updating the firmware on your modem? Have you tried updating the drivers for your ethernet connection (chip or card)? Have you tried Googling your problem to see if the solution is out there on the web? Have you went through your Windows internet settings to see if anything looks wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom