which one should i get opera vs firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you disabled the tab bar. Rightclick on any toolbar, click "customize". Go to toolbars, enable the tab/page bar or whatever it's called.

lilmil said:
dude i would of hav fixed it by now if there was a thing 2 enable or disable tabbed browser but there isnt, so i need help from a person who knows wat there talking about
View > Toolbars > Page bar
drindahowse
FIREFOX.
Any particular reasons???
yohhon
firefox what else is there to say
How about why you would choose firefox???

Not being funny but there are endless posts in this forum about which browser is better than the other, at the end of the day they all have strong points and weak points - just saying "firefox" doesn't really help anyone.

just my little rant for the day and not meant as any form of attack at anyone.

How about why you would choose firefox???

Good point.

I use Firefox for several different reasons.

FF is highly customizable, with multitudes of extensions that add all kinds of tweaks and functionality... plus they're free.

Mozilla also has a host of downloadable themes for FF... which are also free.

Since FF is open-source, many people have developed extensions and themes outside of the official Mozilla lists, and have them hosted all over the web... and they, too, are free.

FF is open-source (as I said), which means if someone finds a security hole or some dipstick designs a virus to attack FF, there are several thousand people (if not a higher multiple) who immediately jump into action to work out a fix to protect what they love and deem as their own. These people do it for the sake of keeping FF safe, and they do it for free.

FF itself is free. Big plus to me. And it was free the whole time it has been around.

FF is not put out by Microsoft. It is not integrated with my OS. It was not shoved down my throat whether I wanted it or not. I chose to download FF of my own free will.

And those are some of the reasons why I use Firefox.

Trotter said:
Good point.

I use Firefox for several different reasons.

FF is highly customizable, with multitudes of extensions that add all kinds of tweaks and functionality... plus they're free.

Mozilla also has a host of downloadable themes for FF... which are also free.

Since FF is open-source, many people have developed extensions and themes outside of the official Mozilla lists, and have them hosted all over the web... and they, too, are free.

FF is open-source (as I said), which means if someone finds a security hole or some dipstick designs a virus to attack FF, there are several thousand people (if not a higher multiple) who immediately jump into action to work out a fix to protect what they love and deem as their own. These people do it for the sake of keeping FF safe, and they do it for free.

FF itself is free. Big plus to me. And it was free the whole time it has been around.

FF is not put out by Microsoft. It is not integrated with my OS. It was not shoved down my throat whether I wanted it or not. I chose to download FF of my own free will.

And those are some of the reasons why I use Firefox.

Opera is free. Free skins created by users and Opera employees. Free widgets for Opera 9 (both from Opera and users).
And open source software does not have any advantage over closed source software for 99,99% of all users. When was the last time you programmed a patch or extension for FF?

Vulnerabilities in Opera are fixed just as quickly. And there are no thousands of people jumping in to fix Firefox if something happens. Just like with other software, there is only a small group of people, who work at Mozilla foundation, working on the actual browser and engine.

I use opera because -
Free to use
Tabbed browsing and pop-up blocking
Integrated search
Great security
Speed
Password manager
Customization
Mouse gestures
Notes
Cookie control
ect...