Network speeds slowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dant22185

Baseband Member
I have a belkin Router broadcasting to 3 PCs for a wireless network. Just recently out of no where our network performance has slowed and started acting erratic. The problems seem to arise mostly while trying to play games over the internet, I.E. call of duty and world of warcraft. When these games are running the latency jumps huge and actions in the games can not even be processed. Also I have noticed through a live voice chat called ventrillo my pings are very up and down with an extreme of like 5000 to a norm of 40. Web browsers are also slower to load up and take action. Any possible idea to the cause of this. I tried pinging my PCs set up on the network and inter-Lan connectivity seems fine. I pinged the default gateway and the request to that was quick as well. I can only think that it might be an issue at the ISP level but it is really hard to tell. There has be no changes made to port status and any other router configuration prior to this experience with high latency within my network. Please any ideas that I can use to problem solve this would be great. Thanks.

If the other PC's are accessing websites and that while in game it will cause this. Espically if they are on a flash based website which is much more intensive than a site with a few graphics and text.

It could also be your WiFi. Do you have good signal strength?

If there is any activity on the other PC's though it will show on your games and VoIP. As they are taking away priority from the game connection.

No flash sites accessed. Signal strength is either good or great. Each computer is free of background running applications nor are downloading or torrenting anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom