IE 8 problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
I have just started using IE 8 over Firefox as the mood is taking me to a change in web browser. However IE 8 seems to be playing up a touch, whenever I download the yahoo toolbar it doesn't download first time, and only downloads after I get a screen saying that download has not worked try again by pressing this link. Even then when I manage to download the toolbar when I shut down my browser and open it again the toolbar is no longer there and needs to be reinstalled again, but when I install it again the features that I wanted on it are still there? Another thing which seems to be happening is that when I shut the browser down and then open it up again it asks me if I want to go to the last page that was open or to my homepage which it shouldn't be doing. I have Windows 7 so I can't uninstall and then reinstall IE8 so what can I do to fix the problem?

When you downloaded it the first time, any sort of message was shown on the top of the page requiring you to allow the download? Apart from the toolbar, anything else you downloaded recently?

Also have you run a scan for viruses, ad-ware, etc?

There was no pop up blocker it just doesn't download first time, and then after it hasn't downloaded you get a message saying that the download hasn't worked try link below to download and install. There is also problems with Adobe flash etc, and I have doen a quick scan of the web and it seems that as I am running IE 64bit the problem maybe that the toolbar wont work with the 64 bit browser as that is what is causing the problem with adobe.

There was no pop up blocker it just doesn't download first time, and then after it hasn't downloaded you get a message saying that the download hasn't worked try link below to download and install. There is also problems with Adobe flash etc, and I have doen a quick scan of the web and it seems that as I am running IE 64bit the problem maybe that the toolbar wont work with the 64 bit browser as that is what is causing the problem with adobe.
Well yeah may be that's your problem right there. Uninstall the toolbar, restart your system and browse normally...see if everything works as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom