Flash no longer Vista x64 compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to argue or anything paton. But knowing about how Vista and Win7 are coded this just makes no sense to me. The main difference is that 64 Bit has support for that architecture. Granted that is big for some. 64 bit CPU and more RAM, but overall the OS acts the same. 32 Bit apps still install and operate just as they would on a 32 Bit OS. They are just installed to a different folder. Look at some of the things you download for Vista/Win7. They come as 1 package. They will install on either OS and operate as expected. no matter if you are using 32 Bit or 64 Bit.

There are a few 64 Bit apps out there. I know Microsoft Office has both versions. But I can honestly tell you that I dont notice any difference when using Office 2010 on Win7 x86 or Win7 x64. Very few developers separate the installer packages for x86 or x64. So it is really shocking for me to see Adobe try and say that they are only going to support Vista x86 and not Vista x64 when they are pretty much the same. Adobe is totally fubar on this one. If they truly have found a way to make it so Adobe Flash doesnt work on Vista 64 Bit, then they are in for a rude awaking. While Vista may not be the greatest, it still is in use. People are going to start flooding to Chrome or Silverlight if they see Adobe trying to dictate which OS they can use.

No argue K at all, I originally misread what you had wrote. I was admitting my error.

Youre the last person i'd even contemplate arguing a MS coding fact.

If/when i need a newer flash i would go win7 and screw them and their odd x64 vista hate.

Alright wasnt sure how it was viewed. Just wanted to make sure that there was no miscommunication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom