• Opera

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which part?

The theme is road-sign.

The sidebar is an extension, All-in-One Sidebar.

I customized my toolbars by dragging the address bow and search box to the top, and dragging my navigation buttons onto the bookmarks toolbar. I then turned off the navigation toolbar.

I am also running WindowBlinds, so that changes the color of it.

Fitt's Back Button gives me a bigger back button, and the other buttons are Options, Firefox Extension Backup Extension, and translate.

The stuff in the lower right are Fasterfox, Yes popups, Yahoo Mail Notifier, translator options, McAfee SiteAdvisor, IE Tab, and GMail Notifier.

Deathawk,

I didn't say that Opera doesn't have spell checker, reread my post again

I said Opera doesn't have an integrated spell checker. You need to download it separately .

As far as I know, the spell checker in Opera doesn't under line incorrect words like Firefox and microsoft word. In other words the spell checker in Opera is not as reliable as firefox.

Obviously you don't use Opera enough, because no Moron1, that is not true.

I have used Opera 8.5 and 9.0

The find option in Opera is similar to IE7

It supports UserJS and Widgets, that's good enough. Why do you need extensions when you already have stuff included? You don't. ^^

Does Opera have similar an extension similar to "videodownloader" in firefox ? I think it doesn't

Thank's I am looking on getting some of them, I just hope I can get it to look half as good as yours.

If you have problems finding any of the extensions, give me a holler. Fitt's is available online, not at Mozilla.

Ok I need Fitt's could you link it for me? Oh and translate didn't work because the version I got was the old one - I got a smiler plug in but that one is having problems so could you link the new one for me as well.

Firefox is way much better.

Those are the reasons why firefox is better,

Firefox has an integrated inline spell checker
Opera doesn't have an integrated spell checker nor inline spell checker

In firefox you can customize it the way you want and you can download extentions as many as you want.
Opera doesn't have those fearures

Most, if not all, the websites today are compatible with Firefox
Many websites still don't support Opera

When you use the find option in firefox, you don't need to write to full word to search it. Firefox will search the word that you are looking at while you are typing it. For example, if you type "F" firefox will search for a word that beggins with F, then if you you type "Fi" then firefox will highlight a word that has Fi.
In Opera, you need to type the full word in order to find it and that would waste a lot of you time if you are doing some research.

Finally, Firefox looks more sexier and better than Opera

I don't have any problem with websites that don't work in Opera. Maybe once every 2 months. The same applies to Firefox.

Opera has had this "inline-find" feature for ages. At least since 7.xx. Just look at this screenshot I made:
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4544/operaxl4.png

I prefer Opera's default appearence, but that differs from person to person. Opera is very customizable.
Some settings: http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/3271/operamd8.png

There are endless possibilities to adjust the appearance/layout of Opera. Search the Opera forums for "opera screenshot(s)" or something: Opera Community

Do some research here:
Opera equivalents to Firefox extensions - Arve Bersvendsen
Opera Browser Wiki :: The Opera Browser and Internet Suite
Google

Opera supports widgets: Opera Widgets - Weather, News, and More

there are a couple of hacks to speed up firefox, coems in handy, with crappy wireless

Deathawk,

I didn't say that Opera doesn't have spell checker, reread my post again

I said Opera doesn't have an integrated spell checker. You need to download it separately .
Why would that matter.. and shoot, i don't even have spell checker installed on my Opera, frankly I could live without it. But yeah, since you have to download something, it's totally a bad browser!

As far as I know, the spell checker in Opera doesn't under line incorrect words like Firefox and microsoft word. In other words the spell checker in Opera is not as reliable as firefox.
I wouldn't know. Would that be known as an inline spell checker? I saw one of those for Opera.

I have used Opera 8.5 and 9.0

The find option in Opera is similar to IE7
Uhh, buddy, my Opera's find function works exactly as this Firefox's find function. I can boot it up in WINE just to prove it, but I don't think it's neccesary.
Does Opera have similar an extension similar to "videodownloader" in firefox ? I think it doesn't
Yeah, it does.
VideoDownloader Widget - Opera Widgets

Right trotter my eternal thanks for the links dude I finally got firefox looking the way I wanted it to (all except the theme I am looking at the Rome one but I am using road signs till I decide).

Right not to sound like a fan boy but I have tried different browsers over the years and I like firefox because it dose what I want and I like it(especialy now trotter has helped me tweak it). It's the browser for me just because lots of other people don't like it or don't know about it doesn't make there opinion less valid they have just got a difference of opinion.

Example:
My mum prefers MSIE and I like fire fox, she knows about firefox and has tried it but found MSIE meets here needs better than fire fox so she sticks with that.

My dad likes Netscape and my sister likes MSIE (most of the women in my family do). it's all down to what YOU like and what WORKS FOR YOU let's not turn this thread into another argument and discuss the browser on why you like it and not turn it into the internter equivelent of a she said he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom