• Opera

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I've never been in this section, and the search function doesn't work for me, so forgive me if this has been posted already. Which is better overall or faster? The latest Firefox or the latest Opera. I believe the latest for FF is 2.0.0.3 or 2.0.0.4, I'm not sure. And for Opera, it's 9.3 I think. I ask this because I was reading a comparison of browsers, and Opera proved to be the winner in both, Windows and Linux. So what are your opinions?

Firefox is way much better.

Those are the reasons why firefox is better,

Firefox has an integrated inline spell checker
Opera doesn't have an integrated spell checker nor inline spell checker

In firefox you can customize it the way you want and you can download extentions as many as you want.
Opera doesn't have those fearures

Most, if not all, the websites today are compatible with Firefox
Many websites still don't support Opera

When you use the find option in firefox, you don't need to write to full word to search it. Firefox will search the word that you are looking at while you are typing it. For example, if you type "F" firefox will search for a word that beggins with F, then if you you type "Fi" then firefox will highlight a word that has Fi.
In Opera, you need to type the full word in order to find it and that would waste a lot of you time if you are doing some research.

Finally, Firefox looks more sexier and better than Opera

Firefox because it's open-source and the community around it. While that lasts (and I see no end in sight), Firefox will always have the lead.

Also, what do you mean by 'faster'? The program itself - I'd say Firefox just by a bit, at least when I used Opera for a bit, which was when FF 1.5 was the latest. The web? There's no real difference, but with FasterFox, Firefox can pre-fetch pages in advance...and while it may be frowned upon, I really like this feature. :)

Then again, I started with Firefox like many others, so I'm a bit biased.

Firefox, I have tried opera and didn't like it. Besides a spell checker is essential for me. opera doesn't have one as far as I know.

Firefox has an integrated inline spell checker
Opera doesn't have an integrated spell checker nor inline spell checkerg
Wrong. Moron1, Spell-checking With Opera
In firefox you can customize it the way you want and you can download extentions as many as you want.
Opera doesn't have those fearures
It supports UserJS and Widgets, that's good enough. Why do you need extensions when you already have stuff included? You don't. ^^

Most, if not all, the websites today are compatible with Firefox
Many websites still don't support Opera
LOL? There are a bunch of sites that are IE only, but that doesn't stop IE from being one of the worst browsers.
When you use the find option in firefox, you don't need to write to full word to search it. Firefox will search the word that you are looking at while you are typing it. For example, if you type "F" firefox will search for a word that beggins with F, then if you you type "Fi" then firefox will highlight a word that has Fi.
In Opera, you need to type the full word in order to find it and that would waste a lot of you time if you are doing some research.
Obviously you don't use Opera enough, because no Moron1, that is not true.

Finally, Firefox looks more sexier and better than Opera
I disagree. Mainly because neither have a uniform look. They can look very different. Maybe at default, but that's why you have downloadable themes. My Opera looks like IE7, and I'm sure it's more than possible for Opera too look like Fx.

I use Firefox, plain and simple. I tried Opera, and it set itself as default for a bunch of stuff, so out the window it went.

I have Firefox completely customized to just the way I like it. My buttons, user bars, sidebar, right click, everything. I'm sure there are similar things in opera, but I have what I want.

Here's what mine looks like with the sidebar open showing my extensions:
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4411/ffscreenkq3.png

Oops. I forgot the IMG code was turned off in this forum. Click the link, then.

**** trotter that is sweet, can you tell me how you got it to look so nice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom