Firefox issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhw200

Fully Optimized
I have firefox, and I love it. However, I have one problem with it. When I download something to my desktop, or any other folder, and I stop it midway because I have to go for whatever reason, the icon of the download stays there. It wont resume, and I cant delete it. This is very frustrating for me. Ill post a screenshot of my desktop so you can see the icons. Also after I downloaded them, all of my icons adapted a little "aura" around them that wont go away. This will also be illustrated in the screenshot. The download icons are the white boxes are the blank white boxes.

messedupdesktop.jpg

Please help me remove these icons and restore my desktop to its former glory!

P.S. not sure if im posting this in the right forum, but didnt know which one to go to. Its labeled internet browser, and its a firefox issue, so i thought this would be best one to go to.

Appreciate any responses

Thanks, but it didnt work. Every time I try deleting them, it says they are still in use.

Any other ideas, anybody?

Thank you very much, it removed the icons! However, the outline around my other icons is still there. Anybody have any ideas for how to get rid of that?

See my link from earlier for clarification.

I have Firefox set to download everything into the My Downloads file for this reason. That, and the fact that I will know where my download can be found.

I prefer an uncluttered desktop, myself.

Everything goes to that folder on my comp as well. I didnt check the destination when i DL'ed my 1st two files...and bad things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom