Firefox 3.03 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Firefox 3.03 released

What a surprise. Only two days after releasing Firefox 3.02 the Mozilla firefox team released the new version Firefox 3.03 which is usually a sign of a serious bug in the previous version. Firefox 3.03 fixes only one bug that affected some users of the previous version.
The bug made it impossible for some users to retrieve saved passwords or to save new passwords. A serious problem for everyone who used the Firefox Password Manager to store passwords in the web browser.
The new version of Firefox is currently distributed to all official mirror servers. The process is currently still underway. One of the mirrors that has already been updated is the ISC San Francisco mirror. The release notes link to the bug report which contains additional information about the password manager bug.

Yes i will give them that. But a bit more testing could have led them to 3.0.3 instead of releasing 3.0.2 and 2 days later 3.0.3 :p

But then again i am on Opera's weekly beta cycle with new releases every firday for testing. So i am just used to that instead of Mozilla's cycle.

when i downloaded Firefox 3 on my bro's laptop, it messed up the computer and made it possible to connect online! Luckly they had Firefox 2 still available to download n fixed the problem.

I'm running 3.03 on vista, wild what do you mean by it messed up and you were able to connect online?

I updated to 3.0.3 and i didnt have any issues. I would say it is more PC related than Firefox related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom