Cloud Calendar - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Internet Software and Browsers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2017, 07:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Virgin Techie

Default Cloud Calendar

Hi,

I use MS Outlook 2016 extensively. What is the best way to have a calender in the cloud so that my family and I can get reminders on the go and have those calendars sync back to MS Outlook? I tried it with Gmail and that sort of worked, but then moved to Apple Calendars because we all use iPhones. However, the syncing between Apple Calendars and Outlook has stopped again with the latest Windows 10 update and is flaky at best.

My preferred solution is to have Outlook sync both ways with a cloud based calendar but that doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Brad

bradw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Cloud Calendar

Hello Brad!
You can set up iTunes and configure it to synchronize your iPhone Calendar with Outlook. I used it, but sometimes syncing wasn’t working properly, for example, I have noticed few missing calendar entries. Also when adding some events to the calendar on my PC, they wouldn’t automatically update on the phone and I should update the calendar every time such happened. Another opportunity is Akruto. It’s 3-rd party software intended to sync Outlook Calendar with iPhone Calendar without going through iTunes or iCloud, it synchronizes your data directly between your PC and your device. The nice thing is all the new added entries would sync automatically on all your devices. If you are interested, read more here How to Sync Outlook Calendar With iPhone | AkrutoSync
HermanLang is offline   Reply With Quote