can someone tell me the fastest

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollyoaks777

In Runtime
can someone tell me the fastest and most stable internet browser,i keep trying to install google chrome,but wont let me,i think its dell thats stopping this from happening as it came with google installed on it,my laptop is dell 1545 inspiron,i dont know what version i have of google toolbar.
thank you in advance

I like firefox. It is faster than IE, about the same as chrome which I did not like so much. I have not tried opera.

I can tell you the speed of light. I can tell you the distance from my house to my sisters house. But how can someone tell you something that is a personal opinion?

Hefe likes Firefox. Opera is faster for me. People say Chrome. I have seen reports of Safari being faster. Yet others still stick with IE.

So really which source do you want? Cause i can find you a defense for any and every browser. So take your pick. I will find you a few articles for each that says they are the best.

It is a personal opinion. Just as much as your choice of OS. You have to find the browser that works best for you. We can not tell you because each system is unique and what might be faster on mine might not be faster on yours.

ok thanks again,sorry if i am bothering you whizkids to much,but i love getting the best info from you's i guess i will stick with ie,as thats what they use at my college,thank you

Chrome probably has the edge for stability in theory but it may well use the most memory. Firefox is always brilliant but opera is my favourite. For speed chrome is supposed to be very fast but really I don't think that it matters that much.

ok thanks mat my computer wont let me install chrome anyway,dont know if its because its a dell or vista

I don't think either of those would hold you back from installing Chrome. for one, it matters what kind of internet connection you have, which will make a huge difference on how fast your pages load. And as Mak said, it's all personal opinion. He likes Opera, and I personally dislike it. I also didn't like Chrome, hate IE, and hate Safari. Firefox just looks nice in my opinion and works smoothly, especially after a few minor tweaks. But it also uses a good amount of memory. Give them all a shot, and see which makes your life easiest.

It isnt that it is a bother. It is just that the question is so based on personal opinion. There is no right answer. You can look thru several topics in this area alone and see how diverse we are with out results. As i know that there has been a poll or 4 done on this subject many times.

You want to know the fastest. Like i stated i could give you articles that show each browser being stated as the fastest.

But depending on your PC, internet speed and other factors like how secure you are and all that you will find that a browser different from what we will say will be faster for you.

Yea... google is getting WAY too big, don't bother downloading/installing/using any of their numerous free products or services...

oh wait....

ANYWHO....

For me, personally I am having a hard time deciding whether chrome or safari is faster. But, I still use firefox and IE too. I have to use IE (6sp2 actually :( ) at work because of a 3rd party "lowbid" teleradiology product that our radiologists use (trying to change that). Anyway, it's always going to be a comfort zone. Use a bunch and then decide for yourself based on:
1) Speed
2) Wants vs Needs
3) Stability within your environment (computer, os, network, etc)

I really wish that I could use just 1 ... but that wouldn't be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom