Always being signed out of one particular forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
As title, there is one forum i visit and like any other forum i always hit "remember me" etc so i dont have to keep typing my details when i visit, but this site when i sign in and say for example i click on one section, then its fine, but then when i go back im signed out, and if i click sign in, the page just flickers and im not signed in:confused:

Its only on that one forum and also after i reinstalled windows(not for that reason) it was still doing it.

The site owner said its not a site problem.

Answers on a postcard please :tongue:

p.s i use firefox 3.5.5

There is no way we can help. The only thing you can try is using Cookie Culler Extension for Firefox or trying the login trick used here. There is not going to be anyway for us to advise on cookie settings of another site.

Where as a guest you click Add Reply and it takes you to the vB login screen not the one supplied by the skin. Then log in with the check box and it remembers you then.

Tried it but it didnt work.

Interestingly though, the forum in question works fine in I.E8.

But i dont want to use I.E 8

What AV are you using?
Did you create a fresh profile for Firefox?
Have you restored all settings withing FF?
In Tools-Options-Privacy, make sure that "Accept cookies from sites" is checked. Click on Exceptions and enter my.yahoo.com (or maybe yahoo.com). It is very important to set your cookies in firefox to "Keep until: they expire". If you delete all of your cookies from inside FF you will have to log in again.

Did you save your information with Firefox or with the site itself?
Firefox's password reminder works from the exact URL you saved from IIRC.
Sounds like you're having problems with the "Remember me" or "Keep me signed in" features (depends on what forum it is as they sometimes do the same). You should check the forum's User CP if there is an otion for "keep me signed in".

What AV are you using?
Did you create a fresh profile for Firefox?
Have you restored all settings withing FF?
In Tools-Options-Privacy, make sure that "Accept cookies from sites" is checked. Click on Exceptions and enter my.yahoo.com (or maybe yahoo.com). It is very important to set your cookies in firefox to "Keep until: they expire". If you delete all of your cookies from inside FF you will have to log in again.

Im using Avast, same as ive been using when this problem didnt happen.

Profile in firefox? whats that? all ive done is install it and load my book marks into it.

In tools-options- privacy ive got no "accept cookies from sites" option, ive just got a box that says history, and "firefox will remember history" this can be changed to never etc but its on "remember history", the other option is the location bar options.

Did you save your information with Firefox or with the site itself?
Firefox's password reminder works from the exact URL you saved from IIRC.
Sounds like you're having problems with the "Remember me" or "Keep me signed in" features (depends on what forum it is as they sometimes do the same). You should check the forum's User CP if there is an otion for "keep me signed in".

All ive done is install ff and load my books marks into, so all default settings, and then on the forum ive checked the "remember me" box....................

As i have already said, use Cookie Culler to save the cookies properly. We have the issue here with the skin not remembering your cookie settings if you use the login box at the top of the forum.

Do this site have other skins to use? Have you tried Cookie Culler or any of the other options mentioned in the Firefox settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom