This forum saved me
The other day we were using a DVD player, stereo and borrowed projector (read $$$) that my brother had hooked up and used earlier. When we were watching I was behind the table the DVD player was on and my arm happened to touch it. When my arm hit the screws on the back of it I recieved a small almost static like shock. I remembered that someone had put on these forums about the same problem with a PC. When they touched the screws on the back they got shocked. The problem was that the outlet was not grounded and they had used an adapter to plug in their PC. I checked and sure enough my brother had used an extension cord that didn't have the third prong(ground). I shut everything off and plugged it in with a grounded extension cord. Then I touched the screws and Voila!, no shock. Reading that on these forums saved me at least $600 if not more.
So I just wanted to say: THANK YOU!!! to everyone on these forums, especially to the mods, admins, and others that keep them alive and running great.