My new Spyware Removal website

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is working on the Download Adobe Reader link. Here is what it will be for the doc guide:

Code:
<a href="http://www.osiris-spywareguide.com/Spywareguide/Spyware_Removal_Guide.doc" [COLOR=Red]target="_blank"[/COLOR]>

So it's working everywhere except the doc guide? It might be a weird thing with IE then...hmmm.

EDIT: Looking at the page source it looks like there isn't a target="_blank" tag for the doc files. The PDF opened just fine in another browser window.

Osiris need me to test the Guide in Win7? I can give you feedback on which tools work and which dont so you can find a appropriate solution for them.

Alright. I will reboot into my other install which i dont care if i mess up and will test the software and let you know if and how to run it.

Also a suggestion, you may want to either add or substitute ImgBurn in. It is a free tool used to burn ISO images since many dont have Nero or cant run Nero.

The Official ImgBurn Website

To use it is very simple i already have a tutorial written up with sceenshots located here for it:

Burning ISO Images to a CD or DVD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

there is also CDBurnerXP that can be used as well. That is another free tool. I know that it can be done with Nero Demo but these tools are free and dont ask for any activation. Just a suggestion, doesnt have to be done. Time to restart and test!

Alright so let me get started.

CCLeaner works as if it was on XP or Vista.
CleanUp! worked just fine without any tricks.
Msconfig Cleanup worked with no tricks.
Combofix will not run at all. Not with XP Compatibility Mode or with Run as Admin. It has a detection system for the version of Windows.
Malwarebytes is running just fine for me on Win7. Even updated.
Trojan Remover wont work in XP Compatibility Mode or with Run as Admin.
Vundo Fix ran perfectly.

Gotta test Smitfraud in Safe Mode yet. But so far only Combofix and Trojan Remover are not working. Will test those in Safe Mode as well.

Alright in Safe Mode now and just Ran Smitfraud Fix and it works perfectly in Safe Mode. Combofix and Trojan Remover still do not.

So those are the only 2 programs that give any issue. Trojan Remover doesnt work because it doesnt install to the place that it is designed to in Windows XP. It tries to install to C:\Users\<Username>\Roaming\

Which is different than what it wants. So it errors out. If the developer can adjust this for compatibility with Vista/Win7 it will work.

Combofix wont work because it has a OS version detection on it. Must check the Winver or something cause it recognizes it as something other than Windows 2000/XP and refuses to continue. Even with Compatibility Mode.

So there are your results for Windows 7. I would think that Combofix wouldnt work on Vista for the same reason as well. From what i gather on the Trojan Remover that would be the same issue there as well.

Thanks. I will edit the guides tonight and let everyone know when its finished. I've heard that combofix does work in Vista....:confused:

Well if it does that is good. I just know that there is no way to get it working in Win7 right now. So it has to be due to some factor that has changed in Windows 7 for it not to run.

Glad it is working in Vista though.

So your Win7 results are in. What i have above is with trying everything that can be done to get it working. Just have to adjust the guide accordingly. Of course since this is a Beta things are due to change before its final release as well.

If i had Vista installed i would test that. But sadly i dont at this time. :(

The guides have been updated. Vista and 7 are basically the same, XP has all the programs, etc. PDF wont be ready till tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom