Computer Graphics help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewBie TeCh

Beta member
Anybody know wut programs FF8 or FFX used to make their computer graphics? i wanna know cuz ima start a little project of my own ;) lol

I would do some internet searching to find out. Likely they're using pretty upscale equipment and software (Maya, its equivalent, or better). They're also likely dishing out thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars for software and equipment. They also likely have a staff of people working for them.

ffx,ff8 were done(as ewomack said) with maya,now the maya the bundle cost about $7000..and from the great modeling you can tell that they had special nodes for that which cost hundreds of thousands of dollars......so good luck ...lol

lol thnx...wow thats alot....of money haha..and im also suprised ppl actually andswered my forum so quickly.. i just saw this thing and i thought i might give it a try lol well anyways thnx a bunch u guys.

and also is there a easier way to find wut i posted?? cuz when i came here i had to look for the damn thing lol. and as u can tell im new at this forum/website stuff lol

Good luck with Maya! It's not easy and on top of that you will need a game engine...I would suggest TrueVision3D or Counter-Strike: Source engine, and then you will need to know C++. Good Luck!

in my school you have to major in one part of maya by the end of your 3d semster..it a very big progarm..no way hey would be able to do that by himself..i mean there is modeling/lighting/texturing/AI/...etc..

ya u cant do anything without the 3d engine... lol. There are a few free ones, but some others can cost BIG BUCKS (Unreal engine 3 estimated at 500k...?!?!) lol

U-Toast said:
ya u cant do anything without the 3d engine... lol. There are a few free ones, but some others can cost BIG BUCKS (Unreal engine 3 estimated at 500k...?!?!) lol
(Unreal engine 3 estimated at 500k...?!?!)where did you get that from?can you post a link..thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom