Is now a good time to buy a macbook pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulater6000

Daemon Poster
Well, I have been considering buying a macbook pro for a while now, and now that the new macbooks have geforce 8600m gt's, I am actually appealed. However, even on the new macbook pros, you can not get one with more dedicated video memory than 256mb, and it seems like it has been like that for a long time.

So I would think they would be planning on offering a revision of their macbook pros that would offer 512mb of dedicated video memory soon. So has anyone heard of upcoming macbook pro revisions?

Basically is now a good time to buy a macbook pro, cause I really dont want to buy the $2500 macbook pro with only 256mb dedicated video memory only to have apple release a revised macbook pro with better graphics and more dedicated video memory right after I purchase it.

Any input would be appreiated.

What do you need to do? Macs aren't really for gaming if that's what you want to upgrade for. That vid card is fine for any Mac application.

Im mainly concerned about the orange box. How do you think it would do running HL2 Episode 2, portal, or team fortress 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom