More Mac OS X Trojans Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
All you Mac users out there should be extra cautious as you surf the web. There are several new variants of a Trojan horse out there targeting Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5 users. Make sure your anti-virus software is up to date.

Distributed as a compiled AppleScript called ASthtv05 or as an application, the Trojan allows remote access to the system and can transmit system and user passwords. SecureMac also said the Trojan is also capable of logging keystrokes and turning on file sharing.

[H]ard|OCP - www.hardocp.com

I don't quite see how this is a nice thing.

I think my MBP may be infected.. I get popups surfing sites that I know have no popups -- namely my own site!:(

Go an run trend micro house call, that works well on a mac an Avast have a mac version of there software.

Oh no quite the contrary mac users have protection out there, Avast, Ternd Micro House call are the two I use.

But symantec, Mcaffee, an at least one more AV program are being ported to OSX quite enjoyable to see it happening, more an more people who use mac's are now starting to look into the serious possability of a virus infecting there system so bigger companies are starting to make more of a presnce felt in the mac security market.

In other news, More Windows Trojans Found!

Big deal? All people with computer knowledge know that all platforms are vulnerable to a certain degree.

hard yes imposable no, all OS's are vulnerable to attacks, malware, etc. The only way to make yourself 100% secure is to write your own os don't tell any one don't give any one any code from it.

It didn't find any threats on my mac. It's still strange to me.

And McAffee is being ported over? I like McAffee. I'm gonna check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom