Im goin MAC baby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
Ok i am gettin a second hardrive so i can run a mac and an xp
I am a complete noob to macs.. and i wanna try it out.

I will dual boot it (if possible)

First i need just a couple questions before i go all out and buy this version Mac OS X 10.4.6

1) Is their anyother verison besides Mac OS X 10.4.6 that is better?

2) Will it work with my system (specs in sig)

3) Any advice on dual booting?

4) Will it work with my gpu?

5) Any advice you have

Thanks in advance,
Alexsabree

Its my understanding (although I could be wrong), that you can only do a dual boot with Mac and Windows on a Apple computer.

Running Mac OS X on a standard PC without in virtualization or directly using illegal means will NOT be discussed here, and it appears that's what you're trying to do.

(Not only is it illegal, it is also incredibly hard unless you have uber Linux skils)

Going Mac = Buying a Mac

You had our hopes up, but clearly it seems that you just want to break the law. :(

alexsabree said:
First i need just a couple questions before i go all out and buy this version Mac OS X 10.4.6
Apparently he doesn't want to break the law because he's speaking of buying OS X. He also failed to mention anything about OS X86 (illegal) which , to my knowlege, is only using 10.4.4.
I don't think he's trying to do anything illegal, he's just slightly confused about the compatibility of the two systems. ;)

To be able to use the Mac OS, you must first own a Macintosh computer.
-MacBook (Or newer iBook)
-MacBook Pro (Or newer PowerBook)
-MacPro (Or newer PowerMac)
-MacMini
-iMac
-Any other Macintosh capable of running the newest version of OS X.
If you don't have any of these, then you are up a creek without a paddle. :(

I suggest you save your money and wait for next spring when Apple releases the next wave of Macs and the newest version of Mac OS X. :) (I know I am :p)

o? i thought that you could buy the mac cd.. then just install it just like you would a winxp? then dual boot it?

Im sorry, i didnt know that it was illegal :(

I was looking on the mac site, and i saw that you could buy it for about like $140

So... u cant install a mac on a windows computer? you have to buy them that way?

alexsabree said:
o? i thought that you could buy the mac cd.. then just install it just like you would a winxp? then dual boot it?

Im sorry, i didnt know that it was illegal :(

I was looking on the mac site, and i saw that you could buy it for about like $140

So... u cant install a mac on a windows computer? you have to buy them that way?
Yes, you can buy it. No, you can't install it on any computer, so it would be a waste of money. What's illegal is acquiring the cracked Intel version that will run on most modern computers; something Apple does not sell. That's all.

Actually, you can't buy it. You can only buy the PowerPC version. You will, however, be able to buy Leopard for Intel when it comes out. Until then, there is no reason to sell Tiger for Intel, because all Intel Macs come with it already. I mean, I have the discs, because I have an Intel Mac, but I can't install it on my Conroe system.

sorry guys i got kinda confused cause a friend said something about macs being able to run on intel processors... i just kinda got turned around

but thanks for clearing that up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom