G3 Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroCool

Baseband Member
I'm not all that into Macs, but my PC has been giving me endless problems lately and i'm thinking about switiching over. I wanted to start off by getting one of the G3 cubes and learn off of that. Does anyone know where i can get one relativley cheap? Thnx.

BTW (has nothing to do with topic). I realize Mac users are WAY friendlier than PC users. Maybe it's just on the forums. ::Shrugs::
:)

The cubes were G4s, first thing, and secondly, I wouldn't start with an outdated machine. It won't run the latest operating system, and will probably frusterate you by being below the standards of todays speeds.

The current budget machine is the eMac.

Cube is old, plus itll be expensive because its a high demand collectors item (toted as the best designed Mac ever). Getting replacement parts for it is hard and upgrades for anything except the proc (through 3rd party upgrades) are difficult to come by.

Suggestion: Save your money and buy a newer, faster, less expensive mac.

I concure, the cubes are really cool but you won't find one under $700. I would get an emac before they are all gone.

I was on the apple forums and they were saying that the eMacs were REALLY faulty. Saying that you shoudnt buy an eMac because it's so cheap and apple dosent offer good product for cheap price.

That's not true, as far as my experience goes we have 20 emacs, all differnt versions and only have had trouble with one of them. They are great, the performance is better then an Ibook in my opinion. The only downside that I have with them is how heavy the damn things are.

For $700 you can't go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom