cant decide what apple to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
hi guys,
i cant decide what apple to get the mac mini, imac or mac pro im stuck lol basically i dont do 3d drawings or video/audio editing all i prob do is burn cds/dvds, internet, listen to music, download stuff play games but i dont think my games are out on mac all of them are windows games

If all you're going to do is dink around then just get the Mac Mini. I have the old G4 version and it's served my music listening, downloading, screwing around on the internet and other basic needs just fine. If you're going to play games at all you may want to go with an iMac though, I'm not sure how well the new Mac Minis are with gaming. And as for games you want to play being on Windows just duel boot into XP or other Windows OS of your choice. I wish I could do that, I am now wanting to get into PC gaming. I didn't think I would at the time I got my mac. So I'm going to build a PC in the near future.

Mac's (in my mind :]]]) are for:
1) Computer illiterates who bought a Mac because it looked fancy
2) Flamers (not that I have anything against them, they're cute :]])
3) People who don't game

If you game, steer clear of a Mac. Their game support isn't up to par...
Plus it's my understanding they're difficult to upgrade.
Forget about overclocking.

Well, if you are dead set on getting a Mac (I rather agree with the others though, it does not seem needed), I would go with an iMac and get boot camp up and running so you have both OS at your disposal.

If all you are going to do basic computer stuff, get an old mac on ebay. Seriously, why throw away your money on a new mac just to do basic computer stuff. That's why(IMO) macs are too expensive especially for your kind of computer needs.

Good luck with your $600 to $1500 mac just to browse and listen to music...lol. Oh wait, but it looks pretty right?
Seriously bro, I'd reconsider or take my advice and get an older g4 on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom