Burning DVD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster00

Daemon Poster
hey whats up. I got a PC and im trying to burn my friend a program on a dvd. I have a dvd burner. I dont know anyting bacisally about macs so.. but anyway, i tried to send him my link to my FTP and it did not work. So what format do u need to burn it so a mac can read it?

A Mac can read any DVD media except for DVD-RAM (unless he has an older tower mac that can). If youre going to burn him an image, make sure the image is .iso so he can use it (macs use .dmg mostly but he can natively read .iso as well)

well.. hes using one of there newest laptops. Not a old one. But i tryed burning it as a image and it still didn't work. Any other suggestions?

i don't understand what you mean. are you making a DVD image on a PC and than wanting to burn the image on a MAC? or are you trying to install a PC program on a MAC? either way I do not think it works like that

no.. I dled a program FOr mac. It is in .DMG format already. Im trying to burn it onto a DVD but the mac is not reading it.

Hmm, Macs have always been able to read PC formatted disks so this is peculiar. Are you use the burn was successful? What media are you using? Does your friend have all the newest Apple system updates? Is the disk mounting on his machine and giving an "This volume does not contain any files Mac OSX can read." error message?

yea it is successful. I am Using DVD+r 4X. I think its just a general brand blank dvd's. Yes he just updated his system. I will find out of it is giving him that error message.

The problem is, I think, that your using DVD+R and not DVD-R. As far as I know you can only use DVD-R

Is the disk a DVD-RW? if so a DVD-rom drive cannot read DV-RW disks.

Is the DVD mounting at all? Are you sure He has a DVD Rom drive?

If it does mount, have you tried to drag the .dmg over the 'Disk Utility' app manually. Sometimes doubleclicking a .dmg causes stuffit expander to want to be loaded. and some version of stuffit can't open .dmg's

Stupid questions I know but you'd be suprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom