Xbox360

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelKing

Solid State Member
I'm having trouble playing a video game online using the xbox 360. Here is my current setup:

Modem connected To Router Internet Port=Computer one connected to Router port 3. Router is providing wireless internet access to computers 2,3, and XBox 360.

I'm able to log onto Xbox Live without any problem whatsoever but I can't seem to play online games (Call Of Duty 3). I constantly get an error message saying "Cannot Connect To All Players" It does however work when I connect the Xbox 360 directly to the modem. I've tried forwarding ports, setting the Xbox 360 into the DMZ Zone, and using UPNP...Nothing seems to work!!! Plus the Nat shows up as (Strict) when the Xbox is connected via the router---(Open) when connected to the modem.

So my question is, is there any way to get rid of the router and buy a switch in order to share the connection between 3 PC's and the Xbox360??? Something in the Router is setting NAT to strict.

-Router is using latest firmware
-Port Forwarding has been attempted (Failure)
-DMZ'ing has been attempted (Failure)
-Static IP address has been set (Failure)
-UPNP (Failure)
-Direct Connection To Modem (Success)

You can buy a switch, unless you have multiple public IP from the ISP. This usually requires you to spend more. For example, you can buy a switch and 1 more IP from your ISP (making that two IP). Connect the modem to the switch then connect the XBOX and router to that switch. XBOX bypass the router, while the router is there to share Internet for the rest of the computer.

Have you tried using cable connection for the XBOX to the router?

I've tried directly connecting the Xbox to the router but my NAT remains strict and I cannot join online games. The only remedy to the problem seems to be connecting the Xbox directly to the modem. Obviously there is some compatibility between my router and the console, I just can't seem to figure out what it may be.

What is the brand and model of your router and perhaps provide the hardware version and firmware version (can be located on the router's label or in the web configuration).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom