WRT54G vs WRT54GL HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew.s

Beta member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I am using Windows XP and have 3 computers in the household, i am wanting to play games via lan and etc.. like remote desktop networking when using a router(access point) I am a noob i am new to wireless and i need help

Can you please tell me what is better to get

The WRT54G v4,v5 or WRT54GL v4,v5

Please post the advantages, disavantages and differences, Why would it be better for me to get the model that is best, I have read that i need to stay away from v5 is that true. Also can you post also what the distance of the range they go of the one you think i should get.

Please Help me. I want to buy a linksys access point soon(router)

Also can routers act as access points?

Also if there is a newer better secure new router out and it better than WRT54G series please tell me

The wrt54g router is just a basic g router. The gl version has linux based firmware and can be replaced with third party firmware. This would be useful to an advanced user interested in getting the most out of the router and advanced features. As for version 4 and 5 I dont really know what the difference is, and yes rouuters can also act as wireless access points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom