wrieless network

Status
Not open for further replies.

funknuts

Baseband Member
have dsl using a speedstream 5200 modem/router. i also have a wireless router. i have my main comp connected to the router with a patch cable and want to hok my laptop to it wirelessly. since im connecting my modem/router to a router do i have to do anything to either router. someone said i might have to apply brige mode to my modem/router. by the way what is bridge moe? thanks

here's what i would try. leave your speedstream router alone. im assuming that your wireless router has a wan port, if not read bottom. I think you should be able to connect a patch cable from one of your speedstream LAN ports to your wireless router WAN port. Turn off dhcp on your wireless router. You will have to change the ip of the wireless router if it doesn't pull from the speedstream dhcp.

I know for sure that you can connect two lan ports on both router with a crossover cable and the two switches would act as one device. Again you would need to turn off dhcp and maybe set an ip for the second router. But by using the WAN port it should cross the lines at the port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom