wirelessly connected is very slow for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

the drizzle

In Runtime
Ive got verizon FIOS fiber optic internet. Its quite fast- 15mbps down, 2 mb up. I have a sony vaio hooked directly into the router downstairs, and at broadband reports it gets around 14.5 mbps which is great. However, my laptop, which is connected wirelessly, gets about 2mbps when it is not connected directly into the router. Its still fast, but i pay for 15. Is there any way to fix this?

this problem may happen if u go away from the router like a few rooms away or so. So that might be the problem.

Well your probolly connecting at a lower speed than your connection to the router

The way to fix is buying better networking stuff, btw how much do you pay for that line

$40 for 5mbps/2mbps
$50 for 15mbps/2mbps
$200 for 30mbps/5mbps

Yeah, i know, very cheap, we both have it. Only a few areas have it in the United States right now...I think

Check your laptop's connection card/wireless-connector. Chances are it's not capable of operating at the same speeds as your network.

Yeah, its pretty awesome...can get as low as 9-10 ping on 1.6 servers. Usually around 15 or 20 though, but still no lag. My tech told me we were the first in the country to get it but im not sure if thats true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom