Wireless Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPROTechman

In Runtime
Hi there, I had a Hp pavilion t770 uk, I think, Can't remember. It had windows XP installed on it, They wanted to upgrade to windows 7, they also had loads of viruses, Got them windows 7 installed it, got all neccesary and correct drivers, They connect to the internet via wireless, they have a wireless PCI card. I can find all the network signals and routers, including their own, soon as i put the security key in, it says windows cannot connect to SKY18091, I've tried resetting the router aswell as the Card. I've heard somewhere though that some old routers ain't compatible with windows 7 though (not sure on this). It's a sky netgear router I think its a netgear DG834. Any Ideas anyone?

Thanks

- Josh.

All settings are correct, It just won't connect, his other wireless things connect ( PS3. Phone), it's just this. I can't access it at the mo as it's at their house, but I'm getting the machine tonight to try and connect it to my network and see if that helps, if not then it's obviously a configuration problem.

Is WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) enabled on the router? I was helping my brother get set up at his new apartment, and W7 was able to see the AP, but refused to connect. Disabling/turning off WPS (in the router) made the connection work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom