wireless problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarr

Beta member
hi i currently have my computer in my basement, but theres no internet jack and the nearest one is about 30 ft. so im currently on dlink wireless, but the connection is extremely bad and i dont really want to spend $800+ on a high quality wireless router. can anyone think of anything to help me with my problem? thanks

how far away is the computer itself from the router? you could try moving the router or computer closer to one another other, upgrade your wireless router you can get a great router for far less than $800, or just get 30ft of wire.

hi i currently have my computer in my basement, but theres no internet jack and the nearest one is about 30 ft. so im currently on dlink wireless, but the connection is extremely bad and i dont really want to spend $800+ on a high quality wireless router. can anyone think of anything to help me with my problem? thanks

For less than $100, you could probably get a wireless extender which helps amplify your wireless signal. A 30ft patch cable is probably $35 USD (guessing that it's $1.xx a foot). Or with $150 or even less, set your home for Ethernet over Power (Powerline Networking). It uses your home power to create a Local Area Network. Doesn't require you to wire your house, however you still use patch cable but it's a much shorter distance from your power outlet to your PC, the signal travel across your powerline to the outlet of the router etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom