Wireless network problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoopi

Beta member
Hi :)

I'm new here at the forum, actually signed up because I have a question.. Maybe you can answer it. I hope so :)

Anyways.. Wireless network.. Wow.. Sounds kewl.. if it works..
Which it doesn't for me :(

I have a -> click me <- router.. And i have a -> click me <- netcard.. The netcard is in my sisters computer, about 10-15 meters away from my room. If I connect the inet plug from my adsl modem and a net plug from my netcard to the router (into the routers switch) i cant get online.. I use that adsl feature to log on the net where u have to use a username and password, given to you by you net provider.. So I cant get online with the plugs like that.. But if I put the inet plug into the routers switch as well I can get online...
Whats the problem? I've tried over and over again.. is my modem too old? (its from 2002).. Or what?

Thx in advance :)

-Snoopi

call me slow but I'm a little confused here. So you are questioning why your wireless network is not working, yet you mention using a physical connection to your router and dsl "modem"? If you are not recieving connectivity with the physical connection then with your wireless network you will also not be able to reach outside your network to the internet. If you are using XP it automatically creates something in your network properties and calls it a "bridge" when I called my ISP for support I was told to delete that and BAM it all just started working. XP surprisingly is great at detecting wireless networks. Try and explain in more detail what exactly you are having trouble with- reaching the internet or networking between two computers? physical or wireless? your modem you are refering to from '02 should be fine, this is a dsl "modem" correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom