Wireless Network Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF06

In Runtime
What should I look for in a wireless network adapter for my computer? My current set up is a desktop directly connected to my router, the router is being used for my laptop, now I need a pci card for last remaining computer that needs internet.

When I was browsing many of the computer supplies online stores, many of the stats of each pci card looked similar to one another...

My recomendation is that (if possible) remain with the same brand as the router, as different brands don't always want to play nice together even though they use the same standards.

To give you a more complete suggstion, we would need to know the make & Model # of the router. There are various flavors of wireless, there is 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, and other proprietary technologies like MIMO and speed/range boosters, but we will have to know which technology your router uses. If you have an 802.11a router, and get an 802.11g adapter, they will NOT work together, as 802.11a is in the 5.0Ghz range, and 802.11g is 2.4Ghz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom