Wireless Bridging

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
I have a network at home with an Active Directory server and Windows Deployment services. I have my servers in the basement, a desk on the first floor of the house(with a laptop) and the second floor will have 2 computers, I can't run a cable from the second floor to the first or the basement so I need a wireless solution to be able to install my OS using WDS thru the air..

does this mean all I need is a wireless router and a Wireless-Ethernet bridge? so that the wireless bridge will act as a client to the wireless router and the clients on the second floor will think they're getting a wired connection and not even know the wireless link is there?

If this is confusing let me know and I'll try to clarify.

Thanks, any info is appreciated.

Before I go on, I will say that I am not at all familiar with Active Directory, Windows Deployment, or booting over the network....

It sounds like you want the hosts to boot over the networK.....yeah? Well, I guess that probably doesn't matter....

What you describe should work, as the computer's will use the wired port, and be none-the-wiser about the wireless, expect for inherant delay between the packets leaving the PC, and getting to the router.

awesome..thanks..does anyone have any recommended bridge and router pairs?

If at all possible I'd like to have WPA encryption between the 2. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom