Win 98/Router Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

caveman4810

Baseband Member
Have a Linksys wireless router in my office (WRT54G) that I connect to with my Dell laptop everyday. The router is connected to the internet via cable. The laptop is running XP Pro and has never experienced any problems connecting to the internet via the router.
A second business in the building wanted to connect to my broadband using a WUSB11 access point so I bought one and got them connected. They use Windows 98SE and it was a little more of a challange to get them connected initially. After about six months the connection dropped and I have tried all I know to reconnect. It will find my router, but says it cannot connect to the internet. At this time there is no security features enabled. Any ideas you could throw my way would be appriciated. :eek:

have you tried updating drivers for the nics and firmware for the router and ap?

run a ipconfig /all to see what addresses are being set for you.

Had tried all that and the poor old machine just had to much wrong with the OS on top of the IP problems. Talked them into a newer machine and had them up and connected in no time. Regardless of a lot of opinions XP does have its redeaming qualities. It is the first time I have gone with an AMD machine (the price was right). Am interested in seeing how well it does for them. May convert me as it (64 /3200) seems to run as fast, if not faster than, my P4 /3.4Gh. With less Ram!!! Of course I was estatic just to get them up and running so I was running a little faster myself....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom