Wi Fi Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
I'm new to the world of networking and I needed an idea of how networking works. I have found out that wifi is the best way to go because its better then bluetooth. Is it possible to set up a network where I have an access point and others can reach my network from some distance... like another city?

No, Wi-Fi operating distanse is about 50-100 meters differs on hardware standart A\B\G

If you want people to access your network from another city you could have a WAN link (not recommended for anyone new to networking or with a budget). I think your best bet would be a VPN (virtual private network). A lot of routers these days are VPN compatible, so you can get a VPN client on all the computers that you want to access your network. But that doesn't mean you can't use wireless at your house. Wireless is convenient for laptop users and the like. Usually networks are a mix of wireless and wired. Like mine for example, I have a server rack downstairs that is all wired together, which connects to an access point so I can manage my servers via wireless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom