Wi-Fi my house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Chub

Baseband Member
OK, here's the scenario, I have 2 desktops, and one laptop, i would like to go wireless so i can roam with the laptop, I already have a wired network, with a 4 port router. Right now all the computer are in the basement. So will it work if i buy an access point, hook it up to the router in the basement, to get a signal to the floor above, and if it doesn't reach to the 2nd floor, can i get another access point, kind of like a repeater, so i use one to get signal to the first floor, then put one on first floor to get that signal to the second floor?? I am new to the wireless thing and am not sure if this is possible or not, i'm up for any suggestions!

Yeah you can get a repeater but the best thing would be to take the wireless upstaris and do it that way but since everything is downstaris you might have to get one or two repeartes to do this

Can an access point be used as a repeater? or must i buy something labeled a "repeater"? Sorry, I'm clueless

You should place one access point in your basement and if you need an additional one for the second floor, just purchase a wireless range expander. As long as it is close enough to reach the wireless signal from downstairs, it will bounce the signal and expand the range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom