Wi-Fi Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulater6000

Daemon Poster
Hey, Im having problems with my wi-fi internet connection. I will be just sitting in my room, and my computer will just randomly loose connection to the wi-fi network then recconect. Normally I wouldnt mind, but when Im gaming fps its a problem when I disconnect and recconect and Im dead. I have no idea what is doin this. Could it be the wi-fi card in my pc?

I had a similar problem and put in this wifi extender product I got from www.nerdny.com. Auragrid is the name of the extender kit. It helped me get signal in a room that was impossible before by using my cable wires. Just got to make sure there are no splitters in the way and I am still trying to figure out what the deal is if you have Direct TV. I dont so it works great for me, but my parents want one now in their house.

Chances are your Internet connection is much slower than that so 14Mbps is plenty. If you are worried about speed and have the extra money you could get these 85Mbps Netgear ones: Netgear XE104. They are $76 each and you will need two.

Could just be a poor router your using, I had that problem until I upgraded to a belkin pre-n MIMO router. Now I never get disconnected. If you want a cheaper option buy an access point to put in your house to help your signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom